This is a place where I can vent about certain frustrations. And occasionally, there may be a happy story. B/c life IS good.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Let Me Explain...


So, I must tell you why life has been so crazy. You see, I am married to the most wonderful man, Dan, and we want nothing more than to be parents. We have been trying for just over two years now, and have had some problems. First, I was pregnant July '05, and lost it at around 8 weeks. Then, I got pregnant again, in Oct., and it was actually an ectopic pregnancy, which is where the embryo is located in the tube, and is not viable. So, I had to take a couple of shots to get rid of the pregnancy, which was horrible, and we had to wait a few months before we could try again. Now, since July of this year, we have been seeing fertility Doctors and spending some extra money to see if they can help. I have had a very optimistic attitude about all of this, and I know that when the time is right, we will get our family. But, it has only been lately that my hubby has been thinking somewhat positively as well. He was usually thinking that the world is against us, and we will never be truly happy. Not that we aren't happy when it's just the two of us- we're great! But that's the thing- we just want to have that wonderful time with a child or two, or three! Dan says he'd love it if we would have twins, since it is a possibility while being on fertility medication. I think that would be cool, but I am already going to be considered high risk, and multiples make you high risk as well, so I hear.

Anyway, this past month, after all of our tests came back that we look good and our bodies should be getting the job done, we went for the insemination! We did it last Monday, and I have to wait one more week to see if it worked. I can't believe it! The chance the Doctors give us by doing this procedure hike up our chances big-time. I have a feeling that it worked, since I have been feeling a bit queasy on and off since we did it. Or maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me? Who knows! I am just hoping that we will be announcing soon that we will have a baby due around the beginning of July. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you guys!! I'm glad Dan is being more positive. I know Sweetness doesn't think that it will happen for us. Last year when we were selected by a birth mother he began to get excited and he told me that it finally felt real to him (until we it didn't work out).

9:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home