This is a place where I can vent about certain frustrations. And occasionally, there may be a happy story. B/c life IS good.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Not so Happy New Year

Well, so far this year has brought some tragedy to some people I know. A friend of mine from work was in a bad car wreck on New Years Eve day, where he sustained severe head trauma, among other injuries, and was then in a coma. It's hard to get accurate info on his condition, since I am hearing it from a few different people. I know he now has a tracheotomy and a feeding tube, and has had a rod put in his leg. I really don't know much else. They are putting together a beef and beer to help him out with his medical bills.

Then, the other night, I got an email from my cousin about a relative of ours who was in a car wreck last Saturday night. He didn't make it. Brett was 22. He was my uncle's grandson, and we were related by marriage. I hadn't seen him in years, but when he was little, I saw him all the time at my uncle's picnics. My aunt and uncle had the perfect house for a picnic, with a pool, game room, and huge yard where we played volley ball, badminton, and quoits. Brett and his older brother and sister would usually follow us "big kids" around, and Brett was such a little sweetheart. All three of them were always in the pool, which was also my favorite place to be. I will always remember Brett as the little kid running around the pool having a blast, with a big smile on his face. I can't imagine the loss his family is feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home