This is a place where I can vent about certain frustrations. And occasionally, there may be a happy story. B/c life IS good.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bad Timing

Last week we had our 20 week ultrasound, which was the greatest thing ever. I had to work that day, and when I got home, saw my dad had called. We had dinner, and were getting ready to go to the appointment, and the phone rang again. It was dad. I let the machine get it, and said I'd call him after the appointment, since he had called twice that day. When I call him to tell him about the wonderful things we saw, he tells me he has bad news. Not what I wanted to hear. It seems that he is currently in a fight with my aunt and uncle, with whom he has always been very close. Well, what shitty timing, you know? I don't need this right now. My dad and both his siblings all live in the same town, four hours away, and my aunt usually has all of us cousins up for a weekend to hang out and have fun. All I want to do before the baby is born is go up to visit everyone and have a great time. I am finally pregnant, and it's the happiest time in my life so far. I don't want there to be feuding! I just hope they work this out before too much time passes.

By the way, the next day, Dan had an argument with his brother, and they haven't spoken since. So he didn't even get to tell him about our ultrasound. This is an ongoing issue of him just not liking me, I believe. No matter what they fight about, that's the cause of it all. Are we just not allowed to be happy? I just have to remember that it's not about everyone else. We are having a baby, and that's the most important thing in the world to us. We don't like to fight with people, so I'm just not going to do it. So there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home