This is a place where I can vent about certain frustrations. And occasionally, there may be a happy story. B/c life IS good.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm Pregnant!

Well, I still can't believe it- as soon as we started trying for another baby, we got it! Holy cow! We thought it would take a while, so we figured we'd start trying, and the day after we settled on our house, on Friday, June 13th, I took a test b/c I had been feeling a little off. That was two days before Father's Day, so Dan got his present early. I had Nate give him a little box with the preggo test inside. I didn't have any cash to get him anything else, and that gift was way better, anyway! The timing was kind of crazy, though, since we had all this work to do on both houses, and I was so tired, and Dan doesn't let me do a lot to help when I'm preggers. Plus, the following week, we had our vacation, and I was actually looking forward to going out to dinner and having a nice cocktail or two. Instead, I felt so tired, and bloated and yucky for most of the trip. All for a good cause, but jeez!


It's very cool, too, b/c two of my friends are also pregnant with their second, and we are all due within a month and a half of each other. February 17th is my date. On the 29th, we go in for our last ultrasound, and we have decided we're going to find out the gender this time, we're just not going to tell anyone. I hope I don't slip up!

So, just like last time, my body hurts a lot, especially my back. Other than that, I feel pretty good, though. A bit of acid reflux, but I had that before. This past weekend, though, I woke up with some sort of bug, and became pretty dehydrated, so I had to go to the hospital to get and IV to replenish my fluids. It took over four hours! Yuck! My mother had come up to take care of Nate that morning, and didn't leave until about 8pm, after Dan had seen me get set up with the IV. He had to come back and get me at 11:30 that night, with a sleepy boy in the car. My mother said she could stay longer so Dan could stay with me in the hospital, but we thought that was silly. I was just watching that drip going, and wishing it would go faster- those beds are not so comfy after the first two minutes! It took them three tries to get my IV in, too, since my veins kept collapsing. That crap hurts! I just feel bad for the women who have to go through that on a regular basis b/c they have morning sickness so bad. I've been very lucky in that area. Now, I just can't wait until next Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

congrats to me!

11:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy! I wish you only the best. Great article thanks so much for sharing. I'm not sure how i found you but i always like making new blog friends. I believe i was looking for stuff on our sons condition esophageal atresia, i wish you the best.

11:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home