This is a place where I can vent about certain frustrations. And occasionally, there may be a happy story. B/c life IS good.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Time is Flying By!

Ok, so we only have a little under three weeks before we make settlement on the new house. Holy mackerel! I have been cleaning our house and packing non-stop for the past couple weeks, and I am beat! It stinks, b/c I'd like to be spending more time with Nathan outside on long walks, and going to the many parks we have in the area. But, then I'm not getting any work done. Today, my handy brother is coming up to fix a few things we need fixing so this place looks a bit more finished. Then, on Monday and Tuesday, he'll be laying a ceramic tile entry down at the front door. We have berber carpet on the first floor, and it's badly stained at the entrance b/c of the dog that lived here before us. It's also coming up a bit at the seam where I'd want it to come up anyway, so that is another reason we want it done.

A couple of weeks ago was Mother's Day, my first, and we just hung out at home, which was nice. I had asked Dan if it would bother him if we didn't travel the usual hour and fifteen minutes to see his family for brunch, as we have done for the past few years. I explained that I thought this year I should be able to do what I want to do, since it was my first Mother's Day. I also don't usually enjoy myself with his family, since very few of them speak to either of us. So, I figured- why be unhappy? That wouldn't be fair, now would it? Instead, we got some things done around the house, and then we walked around a huge garden center that I like nearby. I hadn't been there in years. I remembered that they usually have a parrot or two, and I love birds. I showed Nathan the parrot who was saying "Hello" as we walked up to it, and right as we were nearing it, he let out this really loud squawk and frightened the boy a little bit. There were also a couple of doves cooing, and a water feature there, and he got a kick out of it all. The nursery is way too expensive for us, though, so I walked away empty-handed, which is strange for me to do at such a place.

So, anyway, what does everyone think of the new house? I have only gotten a little feedback, and I know more people have checked it out. Can I get a comment from someone other than my faithful commenter? Pretty please?

Enjoy the weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The house looks really nice. It will be a great place for Nathan to grow up in. Congratulations... So exciting!!!

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Hey, Stephanie! Thanks for stopping by! I hope we get to see you and Jay this summer!

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home