This is a place where I can vent about certain frustrations. And occasionally, there may be a happy story. B/c life IS good.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Party

So, on the 20th of this month, Nathan turns one! Wow! As I mentioned before, we are having a party for him at the new house, which we aren't really living in yet, on the 23rd. Should I be worried that only two people have called to say they are coming? My brother and his girlfriend can't make it b/c they have a wedding to go to the same day, and my best friend goes away on vacaton that day, of course. So two people I really wanted there can't make it right off the bat. We know our parents will be there, my cousin w/family, and Dan's cousin w/family. This waiting for the phone to ring just sucks though! Dan is a bit paranoid that we'll have very few people show up. He says he doesn't want Nate to feel slighted, which makes me laugh- he'll have no clue! I am just nervous about how the house will look, since it's hard for me to get much unpacking done during the day with Nate with me, and my back hurting the way it does. We find it interesting that Dan's brother's daughter's birthday party is this Saturday, and when he called his brother to let him know we were coming to their party, he said nothing about ours, so we're wondering if they'll be coming. They may just be waiting til the very last minute, just to try and be ass pains. We should say the same thing to them that he said to Dan back in January, about our coming to his other daughter's party, "I'd understand if you don't come." He was just hoping we would bail, and in turn look bad in everyone's eyes. (FYI- Dan did go, without me or Nate, b/c I was very mad about the way we had recently been treated over the holidays, and no way were they going to see Nate and have the satisfaction of me not being there!) They are no doubt going to stir up some trouble like they always do when we have something happy and important coming up. I don't like them- AT ALL! (Really, isn't that obvious?!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

So sorry to say that my family will be away on vacation also. I wish I could be there. I'm sending a package with Mom-Cherie. Have a great time!

9:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home