This is a place where I can vent about certain frustrations. And occasionally, there may be a happy story. B/c life IS good.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nathan's Birthday

So, working backwards, that's the next thing that's happened that I have yet to write about. I was so stressed out the whole week, and so was Dan. But, it turned out pretty well. A few people couldn't make it, but we still had a nice amount of people. Lots of food and beer left over, though! It was strange, though- Dan's family all kept to themselves, except for a couple of his cousins who are a bit more friendly. My family seemed to be having a good time, and so were the kids. Our little cousins were all running around and using the playground that's right accross from our house, and they were all getting along, eventhough my cousins had never met Dan's cousins. Pretty cool.



Dan's brother, who we are not really on the best of terms with, didn't even say hello to either of us, nor did he even step foot into our house. When Dan finally asked him about it last week, his excuse was that he wasn't invited! How about that?! First, they got a written invitation in the mail, then, I went outside and announced to all that it was time for dinner, which was located inside, THEN, I said to EVERYONE that it was time for cake- also inside. He is obviously so disgusted by me that he didn't want to eat my food, or watch my son have his first birthday cake (he's spoken to Nate maybe one time, and that was b/c he crawled over to him once and touched his shoes.) F him, I say! I don't think he even wanted to seem interested in seeing the house, or getting a tour from Dan, and he just stood on the side of the house with his other brother and family. Pathetic. And when his family left, NOBODY said goodbye. They don't even teach their 3 1/2 year old to say hello, goodbye, thank you! I would get why he wouldn't say hi to me, but not even to Dan? They had supposedly been speaking a little bit, and the week before, we went to his daughter's first birthday party, and participated like everyone else. I'm telling you this right now, since this behavior is accepted in that family, the next time the "super Couple" has a birthday in their family, I will be in the other room while the birthday song is being sung, and if anyone gives me attitude, I will not hold back in telling them just what I think about the "Super Couple." If something is not about them, it doesn't matter in their eyes.



Anyway, my Dad was able to make the long drive down, and we had some other family that traveled a great distance, so that was nice. Nate seemed to have a good time, even with the cast. He received lots of nice gifts, and I still have to get those thank you notes out! I haven't been able to get back to the party store to get them- maybe today, since Dan is off work early. It's getting more and more tough to take Nate anywhere since I have a lot of back pain- more on that later.



It was hard being the hostess, I'll tell you that much! My Mom helped me out in the kitchen a lot, but it was frustrating not being able to relax more and talk to more people. When I was finally done with everything I had to do, I went outside to chill, and everyone started leaving! I guess that's how it usually is, but I don't like it! I don't think we will be doing a big party every year, but really, if it's just my parents and brother and Dan's parents and brothers, I don't think I'd want to go to that! We'll have to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home